Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Door #1

Today was a fairly light day, by Zoo standards. We took a trip to the pathology department to try and get some information on a skin biopsy that was done on one of our patients yesterday. "We" is the attending, my resident and myself. I have only a faint idea of where things are in the hospital, so I spend most of the time following closely on the heels of the Attending. He's kind of like a hurricane, in that he's all over the place and often disorganized. However, he's brilliant with more knowledge than I could ever hope to attain. And he's super nice. I like him.

So, he's leading us down to the path department, and Resident and I are following closely behind him, like ducklings in tow. We stop at the first open door on the right - a pathologist is in there, but on the phone. We proceed to the next door, which leads to an empty office. The doctor we passed called out to us, so we go back. He tells us it's the pathologist 2 doors down who has the slides. We rush down two doors and find that pathologist. She tells us her resident is reading the slides, across the hall. In a bustle, we whip around (seemingly as one organism) and Resident and I quickly follow the Attending directly across the hall and open the door. He stops short after opening the door about 24 inches. "It's the restroom..." he says sheepishly, and I notice the "Mens" sign on the door. I stifled my laughter for a good 20 minutes after that. Even now, I laugh out loud as I think about our ridiculous journey.

1 comment:

DK said...

Ha!! That's hysterical...

How have I not read your blog before, doc? Or maybe I just didn't realize it was *yours* when I read it, because I know it's linked to li'l Kate's. Hmm...