Friday, January 8, 2010

I thought Florida was the Sunshine State

So, it's race time. Tomorrow is the Disney Half-Marathon that my Brother and Sister-in-law and I are running. When my Brother asked me about doing it, I thought, "How fun! Running around Disney World in the Florida sunshine with my family...what could be better?" I've never been to Disney World, but it seems to be like Disney Land - warm, Mickey Mouse, sunny, happiness on a stick.

Not today. Not tomorrow.

Weather.com tells me the high tomorrow is 38 degrees ("feels like 29") with rain likely the whole morning. Not exactly what I signed up for. Good thing I packed running tights and long-sleeve shirts. I have no rain slicker, so we'll just see how it goes. It has the potential to be the most miserable 13.1 miles I've ever experienced. At least my Brother and SIL will be there to whine with.

Stay tuned for the post-race recap!

No comments: