Monday, January 4, 2010

Family Time in The Region

I got to spend a few days with all my siblings. This is not an easy thing to do, because we're spread all over the place. While I live in LA, my brothers live in Orlando and my sister is Northwest Indiana - affectionately known as The Region. People from The Region are (affectionately?) known as Region Rats. Do with that piece of information what you will.

It was great to see them all. I won't pretend that we grew up sing Kumbaya together every night, but for the most part we got along. We've grown closer as we've gotten older, and I think we appreciate each other more now. We definitely cherish our time together. And we love spending time with the kiddies - my sister has a little girl and boy. As you can see in the picture, some one made sure Uncle Dude was cozy with more than enough stuffed animals during his nap.

This time off has reminded me to stop and smell the roses - metaphorically, of course, since it's 3 degrees here right now. I hope to remember this lesson when I get back to the bustle of LA. In the mean time, though, the Disney Half-Marathon is in a few days...there I'm just hoping to make it across the finish line.

No comments: