Thursday, June 5, 2008

Unofficially Over

So, today marks the first day that I'm not chief. Well, I'm technically still chief through the end of the month, but the new chiefs have started, and the transition period has begun. My replacement is fantastic and a quick study. He'll be wonderful.

So, I'm going to start a month of reflection. While that may sound like a lame attempt to procrastinate and delay my reading for fellowship, I think I need some time to decompress. I've been "on" for the last 365 days. I was on pager call everyday -- because even when I wasn't technically on call, people would call me with questions. They never really bothered to look to see which of us was on call. Which was fine. So, today I handed "my" pager over to the new guy. I can't say I was sad to see it go.

So, hopefully, over the next month, I'll have some good things to say about the last year. And, if not "good" at least interesting and character-building. :)

No comments: