Monday, September 15, 2008

The VA

We lovingly refer to the VA -- the Veterans Administration -- as the VA, pronounced "vah." The VA and I have a love-hate relationship. On the one hand, these men and women served our country -- often against their wishes in Vietnam -- and anything I can do to diagnose, treat or help in anyway I'm glad (even honored) to do. On the other hand, it has to be the most inefficient place I have ever worked.

Last week the MRI broke. What did that mean? It meant we needed to wait for a part, which is understandable. When a part breaks, you wait for that part to be replaced. Was there an all-alert call out to get the nearest part brought over ASAP so that we could get the MRI back up and cranking out scans? Oh, no. Not for the brave men and women who once wore the Uniform. No. We had to wait for the part to be flown in...from Germany. Really? Germany was the one and only place to go for this part? Oooookaaaaay.

Just one frustration for me in the past 2 weeks. We'll see if I don't have a break down in the next 2.

No comments: