Sunday, August 24, 2008

A Day to Relax


I'm off today.

Completely off - no moonlighting, no pager.

I was off last weekend, but my brothers and sister-in-law came to visit. And while it was fun, it wasn't relaxing. We went out every night, usually leaving as soon as I got home from work. Like I said, we had a blast! But, it's been nice to just sleep in. (The photo is from the Venice Canals, off of Venice Beach. Quite amazing.)

Yesterday, I finished putting together a big presentation that I'm doing in September. It's about creating successful HIV programs in Africa. It was very interesting to learn about, and I'm excited to refine the talk over the next month. This presentation is why I missed the bachelorette party a few weekends ago. It's finally done!

Sure, I have a little reading to do today. Some chapters to get caught up on. But, over all, I feel like a normal person today.

It's kind of nice.

1 comment:

Julia Ladewski said...

glad you enjoyed your day off!! you Dr's work hard (or so I hear!) :)