Monday, July 28, 2008

Ball O' Stress

So, fellowship has been busy for sure!

I've been at work most days from 7:30a-6p, if not later. It's a lot of work, and it's pretty much nonstop. But, I'm enjoying it immensely.

However, it caused me to miss a dear friend's bachelorette party in Vegas. I had booked my flight, arranged a hotel room, etc. Then, I got so overwhelmed that my back went out. I think it's from both a white coat with too many things in the pockets as well as poor posture while reading a million pages of ID material. I'm working on both now.

Nonetheless, I had to tell my good friend, "So sorry, I think I may have a mini-meltdown if I try to go to Vegas and still do the mountains of work I have left to do." It wasn't pretty, and I felt awful for it.

Another casualty of fellowship. Fortunately, the good friend is actually an awesome friend and didn't make me feel worse than I already did. I owe her a bachelorette drink before her wedding. Some quality time with her and the rest of the girls will do wonders for my current mood.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we missed you lots over the wknd! but i think it was very wise of you to take back time for yourself. :) i'm sure things will get easier soon. and yes, we need to all get together soon!

The Iron Edge said...

Backs do not just go out! Take care of it or it will be a major problem.